So it’s been a pretty exciting WoW related week for me. On Monday, my wonderful husband gave me an early anniversary present, which is an all new gaming rig. Goodbye 6 year old iMac with all the graphics set to low. Hello ultra graphics!
We’d been talking about building me a computer for months, but I guess he just got the itch to build a new machine. Last week he told me he was ordering the parts and what case did I want? Not bad at all considering his general feeling towards WoW is “loathing.” I’m feeling like a real gamer now with my set up and I’m really excited to play some games that I couldn’t before because most companies don’t release things for Macs. Now all I need are some pink lights inside my case and I’ll be set.😉
I had no idea WoW was so pretty. And yeah, I know the game’s graphics aren’t that great, but I don’t think people realize just how bad things looked for me. The first thing I did when I got everything up and running was join an LFR. Previously, doing an LFR meant that my computer showed me maybe one frame per second as I blindly clicked around Vuhdo hoping that maybe I was healing someone. Now? It’s like night and day. I had no idea there were so many ground effects in this game!
After my group wiped on Morchock (yes really), I decided to go do something more fun, so I flew around looking at different zones to see how things looked. I had no idea there were floaty pebbles all over the place in Derpholm. I had no idea you could actually see details in Uldum beyond “more sand.” Twilight Highlands is…still kind of boring, but at least it’s a detailed boring. There are flowers growing all over the place! Even Orgrimmar is pretty! I’ve always said that Vortex Pinnacle is one of the most beautiful places in the game, and as it turns out, and I had idea just how true this statement is:
I’m not going to have to do nearly as much work doctoring my screenshots so they look nice enough to post on this blog anymore.
Tuesday morning while I was working on getting my UI all set up again, I randomly clicked over to battle.net and LOW AND BEHOLD! There was a release date there for Mists! Two months away, which seems like just about enough time to get most of what I need to done. Of course, then I sat down to look at my list of things to do and um…well maybe not.
- Actually finish of feral set/stop forgetting to roll on agi stuff during DS
Finish t11. Seriously. I never killed Cho’gall or did Throne because I happened to miss the night that my guild took them down and then we never went back again. Kill Rags. Somehow find people who want to do that old content.
- Collect current season pvp set (
2 34 out 7…hope they don’t remove this from the game when the expansion drops or I’m screwed)
- Firelands dailies every day
Tol Barad Wolf
- Finish off current story plot so she can move onto Pandaria without issue
- Possibly work on stocking up on leather and ore for putting up once everyone is trying to level up professions on their new pandaren and monk alts
Finish leveling inscription
- Get gloves and belt for transmog set
- Try to get the rest of t13
- Nothing. She’s such a neglected toon which makes absolutely no sense since I actually really like her.
- Oh wait. Continue getting trolled by the Oracles for their stupid green protodrake.
- Hit 85
- Level JC
- Level enchanting
- Collect that cool purple mail set from Wrath
Jasael Pally 2
- Tank? Maybe. Doubtful.
- Finish leveling mining
- Maybe level blacksmithing depending on how much I hate myself
- Undecided if I want to level her to 85
Ayamei Alliance Warrior
- Learn to play arms
- Finish leveling JC
- Firelands dailies
- Figure out backstory/RP on her
Adeiran Alliance Rogue
- Hit 85
- Level professions
- Figure out backstory/RP on him
I see a lot of leveling professions here. I actually really loathe leveling professions (in case that wasn’t completely obvious) so we’ll see how that goes. My non-character related goals are:
- Redo guild forum
- Possibly build an entirely new guild website, if I can get others on board with helping out
- Figure out how to spark interest in guild RP again
- SAVING GOLD, NOT SPENDING IT ON TRANSMOG
- Finish writing my post about DS vs ICC
- Continue trying to get the Azure Whelpling. Cry when I realize I have close to 6000 kills, yet no adorable blue dragon to show for my efforts.
Less than sixty days before I can say goodbye to this expansion and all of the stuff about it I haven’t enjoyed. I’ve got a lot to do. It’ll be interesting to see how much of it actually happens!